Wednesday, January 13, 2016

I choose happiness

2016 is still going strong!  I am working on my resolutions.  There has been no puking.  Healthier changes have been made...eating better, walking a lot.  A shit ton lot.  And I am still working on remembering I am worthy of happiness.  That one is the hardest...and I know I am still in January and resolutions are easy now, but I am liking the way I am feeling so I really want to continue this trend!

I get asked all the time how I keep so happy.  How I keep a smile on my face and a positive attitude.  First off, I am glad I come off that way.  I don't always feel happy so knowing that I portray it at least is good.  I came across this quote from Liz Taylor, who had her share of heartache.


This quote says it all!  I just do it.  I will not let it get to me.  I go about living.  The past molds us to make us who we are, but it does not define us.  I refuse to have a poor me attitude.  I know at times I can, but I don't want to be looked at that way.  I don't want to be pitied.  I don't want to be looked at as a sad woman.  I want to live!  I want to see the world, I want to be out in the sun, I want to love and be loved.  This is living.  I can't do these things if I am not happy.  RuPaul (whom I adore...love my drag queens) says is best, "If you can't love yourself, then how the hell you gonna love someone else?"  

So, I've been promising cruise details for a while...First of all.  I miss being on that boat every single day! And those beaches?!?!  I am ready to go back....and maybe I will this summer!  The cruise was amazing.  I totally relaxed and had a blast with my friends.  We saw so much!  Iguanas, monkeys and beaches oh my in Roatan.  Climbed the Mayan Pyramids in Belize.  And got a lap dance in Mexico!  All while flirting with young men...yikes...and suave men from New Zealand.  Great memories that I will cherish forever!  If you can go on a cruise, I highly recommend it!  It is the way to travel!

I will leave you with another Liz Taylor quote...


Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment