Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Another damn birthday...


Oh yes....my Birthday.  It was yesterday.  I took the day off.  Slept in.  Ate Chuy's with my parents and one sister.  Graded papers.  Relaxed.  Wait....I graded papers?  Yes.  I did.  That is what happens when you procrastinate and not grade them during the week.  You get homework on your birthday.  I digress....

Yes. It was my birthday yesterday.  I turned 37.  37?!?  Really?!?!  Wow...where has the time gone?  I thought for fun I would look back on the "7" years of my life.  Let's start with 7.

It is 1986.  I am in the first grade.  We are just a family of 4, my little sis wasn't born yet.  My best friends are Jennie and Sarah.  I got glasses...boo.  I am a huge nerd.  Honestly...that is all I remember!

It is 1996.  I am a junior. 17.  I play French Horn in the band.  I am still a nerd.  I have a huge crush on our French Horn marching band guy instructor.  I have not yet been on a date or had my first kiss.  (I am a huge nerd remember?)  My best friends are Julie and Amy (Sarah and Jennie moved away...but I am still in contact with them sometimes).  I remember being a rebellion and leaving the church I grew up in!  I was bullied at church and hated going there.  But I loved God so knew I still needed to go.  I got the balls to leave that year and attend a church where I knew kids I went to school with and where I was not made fun of.  God...those girls were bitches!

It is 2006.  I am 27.  I am newly married.  I am a homeowner.  I just made the move down to 5th grade and I am loving it!  Mary Ann and Carrie are amazing teammates!  These kids are my people!!  I am still a new teacher...this is only my 4th year.  My Grandma and Papa are still alive and still live at the farm.  Sarah, Keith and Jodi are my best friends.  Life is good.  I have so many dreams about my future at this time.  I am really happy.

It is 2016.  I am 37.  I am divorced.  I am no longer a homeowner.  I am in my 14th year as a teacher.  I am happy.  I am not where I thought I would be though when I look back at my 7, 17, 27 year old selves.  But I am happy.  Not sure where God is wanting me in this crazy life.  I wonder where I will be at 47, 57, 67, etc.?

No comments:

Post a Comment